Funded through the Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC) the CP3 CDT is a publically funded organisation, and we take pride in the transparency and engagement, and collaboration opportunities our governance structure provides.
Our Management Board meets on a monthly basis, and is composed of a team of leading academics, an industrial representative and is supported by the Centre Manager.
Members of the CP3 Management Board (@ Feb 2019):
- Professor Kevin Roberts (CDT Director)
- Professor Frans Muller (CDT Deputy Director)
- Dr David Harbottle (CDT Admissions Tutor)
- Dr Nick Warren (CDT Masters Tutor)
- Dr Simon Connell (CDT PhD Tutor (to transfer))
- Dr Elena Simone (Cafe Scientifique convenor)
- Professor Andrew Bayly
- Professor Elaine Martin (Head of School of Chemical & Process Engineering)
The role of the Management Board is to steer the CDT and decide upon all significant operational and technical matters to ensure the CDT meets its overall targets. The CDT Management Board shall also put in place any structure to manage the CDT that it agrees. In addition, the specific responsibilities of the CDT Management Board include:
- Developing and reviewing the overall research strategy, with a view to meeting the agreed objectives of the CDT and approve its implementation;
- Recommending quality standards in terms of experimentation and publication procedures;
- Advising on overall publication strategy;
- Considering and approving or disapproving the involvement in the CDT of additional scientists, researchers and industrial participants, and recommending the terms of such involvement;
- Approving any proposed amendment to the priorities of the CDT;
- Considering and approving or disapproving any replacements for key personnel involved with the CDT;
- Agreeing an exploitation strategy, where appropriate
The Industrial Board, which is composed of industrial partners who currently fund PhD projects, meets at least twice a year and plays a key role in the development of PhD proposals, as well as advising on our recruitment strategy and the overall running of the CDT.
Members of the CP3 Industrial Board (@ Feb 2019):
Academic Advisory Board
The Advisory Board meets annually towards the end of the academic year, acting as our critical friend. The board comprises a panel of leading international academics with subject specific experience. The board advises the CDT Management Board on the appropriateness of the portfolio of CDT projects, suitability of training and the balance of scientific content on the CDT programme. The Advisory Board will also advise on the direction of student recruitment (for example, the skills and backgrounds required).
Members of the CP3 Advisory Board (@ Feb 2019):
- Professor Krist Gernaey, Technical University of Denmark (Chair)
- Professor Kieran Hodnett, University of Limerick
- Professor Jim Michaels, University of Delaware
- Dr Jerry Heng, Imperial College
- Professor Alastair Florence, University of Strathclyde
- Professor Pat Unwin, University of Warwick
- Dr Snow Stolnik-Trenkic, University of Nottingham
- Dr Dave Berry, CPI
- James Tarver, EPSRC